1.8.12

DAY 282

"Does the rose have to do something? 
No, the purpose of a rose is to be a rose.
Your purpose is to be yourself. You don't have to run anywhere to become someone else. You are wonderful just the way you are." 


Thich Nhat Hanh


After publishing my previous post I came across this quote and it was like a little pat on my back to remind me that the most important thing about this journey is staying true to myself, to my emotions, no matter how contradictory they can be

Often I think that I am making a real mess of it, because I am still dealing with some of my habits and I can not overcome some of my attitudes and instead of appreciating all the things I have left behind, I focus on what I have still to improve. This is the quintessence of my congnitive biase, and every time I face it once again, I become frustrated, even when I know this only intensifies the whole thing and acceptance is the only thing that works at this stage

Acceptance is being humble enough to say yes, I am this way and from here, I want to evolve. Acceptance is not resistance, because resistance somehow, increase persistence of what we want to change

Indeed, this journey is about becoming aware of who I am, not about being perfect. Is about being in the moment in this place, and even when I am prone to forget it and to start to judge myself harshly (I´ve been a whole life practicing that), there is always a kind spirit that brings me back to my path... my path of joy

1 comment:

S said...

I have always admired Thich Nhat Hanh, his writings are so simple yet so profound. And his quote on self acceptance is very beautiful. I too forget to accept myself as I am and Thich Nhat Hanh's writings helps me to love myself and accept myself as I am . Also Louise Hay's writings has helped me in my journey. Actually, we have to remind ourselves every day about the necessity and beauty of our "being" that we are good as we are, there is no need to prove ourselves in every situation.
hope you have a wonderful day !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...