8.9.15

DAY 594

in {and out} Week 28: Summer Selfie

When I started my summer vacation this year, suddenly all seemed to be irrelevant. I left my personal habits, this blog and many other things just abandoned. The photos taken, the posts unfinished, the doubts unresolved, the dreams suspended. I experienced the urge to try new things, to join new challenges, to dare to explore what I felt was waiting for me. Little I knew that I would spend most of the days just resting.

Yes, I’ve been learning that I can experience serenity beyond meditation, my inner work or any other practice. And from this accidental calm a new path has started to emerge; from the days I couldn't even leave my home a new clarity has stormed into my life; from the long afternoons alone with my thoughts (and my fan) a new direction has become manifest, and so very evident.

After the first half century of my life (oh, gosh!), after all the grief I went  through the first semester of this year, I am realizing that I am finally able to do what my soul has been yearning for. After a whole half century, I feel that I am finally ready.

The problem was that once this unexpected (and powerful) catharsis started to take place, I couldn't imagine how to make a comeback, how to start again here in this old place when I feel so changed… but finally this self-portrait (taken one of those days) gave me an excuse –so to speak- to restart this conscious practice. So here I am. 


This is a new chapter of my life. I still am not sure how it will take shape, but I know that I will be much more devoted to my inner quest and my creative endeavor. I know that all the things I have always wanted to accomplish regarding these aspects will come true. I do know it. 

I will be reporting the evolution of this tiny revolution. Hope you all will unravel this thrilling episode with me.

Much Love, dear friends,

Z.



This entry is part of a project I am developing with my friend Montse Gallardo. We'll share a photo every week during 2015. Her photos will be always taken outside and my photos will be indoor shots only. We have created a Facebook page: In and Out. 52 weeks where you can see all the photos of the project. 


6 comments:

Romero_77 said...

Hacía mucho que no comentaba en tu blog... Pero sabes que aún sin hacerlo sigo muy de cerca todo lo que publicas. Esta entrada en especial me ha llegado al "alma". Espero que sea lo que sea que esté tomando forma en tu vida te ayude en tu evolución personal. Ahora que vuelves a estar más centrada puedes continuar con tus nuevos proyectos y seguir cerrando esas puertas qué no llevan a ninguna parte, pero con mucha calma ;).
Te deseo lo mejor <3 TQM

windrock studio said...

So nice to see you here with your beautiful fan! And so excited for you and can't wait to know more about this new path. Wishing you so much joy and good energy.

Sandra Marie said...

I look forward to seeing who you become, my friend. I will be unraveling into myself along with you. xxoo

Shaharoh said...

Sounds beautiful and exciting! I am currently waiting for my moment too:)

Maery Rose said...

I am a few weeks late to reading this post as I've been on a similar journey this summer and besides not writing my own posts, it's been difficult to get out and read any one else's work. I'm still waiting for that feeling that I'm ready to come back or that I know what I'm coming back to. Maybe your work will serve as a guide or a flash of hope.

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

I too have realized I need time to heal before I can move on now that I retired from my job...I am going slow and letting it unfold. And I am unsure where to begin many days...so my friend we will each begin on our journey as it unfolds....wherever it leads...I am excited to see what will happen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...