14.6.12

DAY 234

continuing revelation (selfportrait with tabby cat)


This is a self portrait taken by chance. I was preparing my camera before going for a walk when my kitty came to see what I was doing

Sometimes, I have the feeling that she wants to see the world from the same perspective than me, I guess that she can´t even imagine the great effort some persons -like me- have to make to connect with their own instinctive nature, to see the world from her perspective

Indeed, to many of us is difficult to awake our inner tendency to go with the flow of life and sing and dance and go through this earth with ease. However, animals can be great masters regarding this issue. No matter how tiny they can be, they seem to have a gift for living easily and joyfully. At least, I have learn a lot from them... of course this demands to change our way of thinking and transcend our anthropocentric mentality, but it´s worth doing

I think this quote says it all:

“In reality, there is a single integral community of the Earth that includes all its component members whether human or other than human. In this community every being has its own role to fulfill, its own dignity, its own inner spontaneity. Every being has its own voice. Every being declares itself to the entire universe. Every being enters into communion with other beings.

In every phase of our imaginative, aesthetic, and emotional lives we are profoundly dependent on this larger context of the surrounding world”


Thomas Berry


2 comments:

{Shannon} said...

Looks like you were running behind... like me! I entered the linky a little late on Deb Duty's blog! haha! What a great photo!! I think the ones that are just by chance usually turn out best, don't you? Beautiful tabby and wonderful quote! Have a great weekend!

tinajo said...

I do love this self portrait - well done! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...