14.9.12

DAY 326

raising light

This week has been a kind of mess. My brother fell down and broken his leg. He is still at the hospital. As he is the main caregiver of my mom this has created a very complicated situation. The professional help she has now is not enough so we must rearrange all their care system because he has a long recovering time ahead. He has always lived with her (he is a disabled person with a high level of autonomy, partly thanks to my mom´s efforts) and now as she usually says, he has become her hands and her feet, so they are both downhearted. On the other hand, my best friend had to have an operation due to a serious health issue

Yesterday when I was preparing my suitcase to fly to my mom´s house, one of my cats started to feel bad. I felt very frightened because I started to see blood stains all along the corridor. The vet said it was a cystitis, but she is fourteen years old and the risk of kidney complication was high. Now she is taking antibiotics and other pills and she is feeling better. Of course, I didn´t take the plane, I couldn´t leave her alone because, do you know what? my husband is working outside the country -quite far away- this week (!)

So today I am praying. I am praying for my brother and my mom, I am praying that they will be together again soon. I am praying for my best friend and her speedy recovery. I am praying for my cat. I am praying for my husband, who is working hard to make our life better. And I am praying for me. I am praying that I won´t forget all the things I have learned. I am praying that I will be able to help, to keep my sense of things, make my best and stay centered

4 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh my, Zena, I will be praying for your brother, you, your Mom, your friend, your dear cat, and for your husband's safe journey. When it rains, it pours sometimes, huh? So sorry. My husband broke his ankle this time last year, so I know his recovery will take some patience, and we all know how challenging that can be when you want to do so much...and be with your mom. Wishing you rainbows, dear.
Kathy PS. Love the candlelight...

Danielle said...

Praying that you will be able to stay anchored during this storm.

Introverted Art said...

oh Zena, I am so sorry things have all of a sudden become so hectic and chaotic. It is like they say, that things come in 3 and all seems to be falling apart around us. But you are a strong woman with so much light inside you... just remember "this too shall pass."

Anonymous said...

Does this site have a page on Facebook?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...