5.6.14

DAY 533

it was one of those days

I guess I needed to breathe and recover some peace because I went outside with my camera just to visit the park next to my house, something I usually do when I want to find some calm inside me. 

The process that allows me to create some order inside by looking outside through my camera never ceases to amaze me but the more I do, the easier it becomes so it´s a pleasant routine that I approach more consciously every passing day. 


Once in the park I went to the pond in the middle of it which is now my favorite place there. Going to that little pond and trying to capture its fleeting and changing beauty is a wonderful practice that is made partly of repetition. 


It was a wonderful Friday evening and I was almost alone by the side of the pond. I stayed there while the sun started to set and the angle of the light made the water went from being gilding and glinting to being dense and dark. I noticed how my mind started to decelerate and I felt how a tiny smile was dancing about my heart and my face.

I was ready to go home and I decided to cross a sort of square inside the park that is beside the pond and where there is a big fountain. 
I had been under the trees that surround the pond which create a intimate and semi-dark atmosphere and I went out to a big open space which bustled with activity.

I look over the scene fascinated and a bit dazzled and I saw three girl friends. One was taking photos while the other two tried to jump. I am not very good at candid photos, I always feel a bit embarrassed, but this time I was quite far away so I took my camera and without spending a second I shot. I had been trying to capture some birds moments ago, so the settings were perfect. 


I am still wondering why this is my 
Photo-Heart Connection of this month. It has to do with spring, Friday evenings, moments of unconcern and also with lightness, joy and play. But mainly when I look at it, I see myself again standing still, basking in the glow while the whole world keeps its orbit outside of my presence… just enjoying the beauty and uniqueness of another ordinary moment.

8 comments:

Maery Rose said...

I can see why you love the photo. So much life to it and the joy of friendship.

Deborah Tisch said...

I love the playfulness of this image! It touches a part of me that does not play much and invites me to get outside and run in the sun. Beautiful post, Zena.

MaggieGem said...

What a great capture! Looks like you were out to capture some inner peace and found a little carefree joy!

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Fantastic action shot sometimes the image you capture is just meant to be...

seabluelee said...

I love MaggieGem's comment. Some of my favorite photos are the ones that just seem to happen serendipitously. Lovely Photo-Heart Connection!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful image of joy and play- may we all have more of that!!

Unknown said...

A beautiful photo from Zena's world. I believe that those ordinary moments are one of the most precious in our lives. Much love to you and have a good week!

Cathy H. said...

I love how you captured this moment that brought smile to your face. Well written, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...