30.3.13

DAY 365+60

insight

When I look at my photos I realize that my captures often show a different side of the world I saw  along my stroll. In fact, when I am walking outside I have a global vision of the scenery around me, I am aware of perspectives and the diverse layers of colors and textures that define the place where I am, but when I look through my camera I  only take photos of some details

This always makes me wonder about the mental processes that I use to create those images (which are focused only on some aspects of what I am seeing) and why I pay attention to some information or stimulus and others go unnoticed. 
Obviously, this is due to the way I perceive the world which is subjective and is impacted by a number of changing variables depending on who I am, something that I find fascinating 

If the images I capture are highly influenced by the characteristics of the things which I am observing but also by the context, my mood and my own personal characteristics, I can infer that the reflection upon those images can give  me data about myself and can help me to improve my self-knowledge. And this only can happen if everything I perceive as occurring outside me, is also occurring inside me 

Does this means I am creating a reality for myself? I don´t think so, I rather think that when I take photos I am creating an image of reality that allows me to understand what is beyond my five senses by understanding myself. This, of course, generates a new perception of that reality which goes beyond the socially constructed vision of it and reveals its sacred dimension



A new perception according to which the importance of things can be relative, the approach and attitude say it all, the tiny competes with the impressive, and allure defies logic

A new perception
according to which balance doesn´t come from symmetry, and beauty doesn´t mean perfection, recipes and standardized options are not always the best and challenges can open amazing paths

A new perception according to which the unexpected can shape the soul, the part is contained in the whole and the whole is contained in each part


Walk and Click Wednesday

13 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

Lovely pictures of your world. Love the rusty gate/fence.

Sherri B. said...

What a wonderful post...your words are great food for thought, not only for photography but for life. And wow, what gorgeous photos - thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

This is such a thought provoking post. Have read it several times. A way of getting to know where my own photography fits in to my own reality better. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

betty-NZ said...

I know what you mean about wondering about your mental process for shots. I do that, too! Great shots.

Cathy H. said...

Great images and powerful thoughts! I love the details you've captured in each and the view through the rusty gate!

Lissa Forbes said...

I especially love this insight, Zena ... "A new perception according to which balance doesn´t come from symmetry, and beauty doesn´t mean perfection ..." How appropriate for life. The depth of field in these images is exquisite! Thanks for always raising the bar with your thought-provoking posts. Glad you shared at Walk and Click Wednesday!

Minoru Saito said...

hi! Nice captures! I like your sensitivity.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Beautiful post lovely words thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Once again you help me think things through, especially about how and why I create.

xoxo

morning prayer blog said...

Such an interesting perspective. I like thinking about what you write.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photographs Zena! Beautiful words and beautiful perception. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never discovered any interesting article like yours.

It's beautiful value sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet can be much more useful than ever before.

Also visit my blog: best quotes ever

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Yes, I wouldn't change a thing...your photos show such detail. Hope your Easter was a wonderful one for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...