9.9.12

DAY 321

being in the right place

I´ve been so prone to look for outer validation as a sign of love, to forget my needs in the search for others approval, to confuse love and pity and to link my self-esteem and sacrifice, that when I started to feel compassion, kindness and support for myself, I was totally amazed by the purity of those feeling and I was overcome with clarity. And I realized that I was worth far more than I was giving myself credit for

Make the choice to truly love myself and finding my place here hasn´t been easy, it´s still not easy. It´s a work in progress, it´s an everyday challenge, a constant struggle, a very arduous work... but it´s also the most powerful practice one can develop. Through it I permit myself to be myself, I permit myself to use my own voice and follow my heart;  to let my gifts emerge and feel proud of them;  to stay true to who I am and embrace myself as a whole

This has made me change and growth and deal with many issues that I wouldn´t have faced up, otherwise. Luckily there are always role models that help us along the way, like my two kitties that have taught me so much about boundaries, acceptance and authenticit
y

I know it may sound strange but if you have any pet at home I´m sure you know what I am talking about

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh yes, I so know what you are talking about. I have an Aussie and a mini Dachshund and each have taught me much about myself and how I approach the world around me. Great post.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading more of your articles and posts in the future, so I've bookmarked your blog. When I see good quality content, I like to share it with others. So I've created a backlink to your site. Thank you!…

Introverted Art said...

Zena, those eyes, the whiskers, the face. Like magic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...