1.4.12

DAY 160

circling around creativity


This is my photo-heart connection of this month. I love taking photographs, this is a belated love which constantly oscillates between my fondness for everyday themes and random photos from inside my home and my need to explore the outdoors world (in particular, nature) and even myself

This photo illustrates this swinging love: old books and shells coexist peacefully in my house and surround me, proving not only my tastes, but the way I like to live. It manages to portray my mood and feelings. And it has also an extra ingredient: it shows an incipient liking for still-lifes that involve a more studied composition

I´ve been done this for a some time now, but lately I have started to feel more confident while I am creating compositions that are more deliberate and consciously done,  where I arrange items, I look for certain light and mood and I play freely with symmetry, proportion, balance, harmony and so on...

My love for photography has allowed me to portray my life in a way that I wouldn´t have ever imagined. Photos are complementary to my writings and allow me to go through my feelings and thoughts, indeed they enhance each other. But this new phase in this process of development is allowing me to connect with a dimension of photography that I haven´t investigate in detail before which is much more related to artistic creation itself

I have the feeling that this close a sort of circle... because now I can not only depict the world as it is (or as I see it), but I am also aware of my capacity to recreate a new world of my own

11 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love this shot, beautifully composed. I love how it captures part of your life and portrays your mood.

Kim Stevens said...

I'm shaking my head yes . . .wonderfully expressed! My camera has been such an instrument in learning about myself - and I love how you said, "..but I am also aware of my capacity to recreate a new world of my own." That's a powerful statement, one I will be thinking about today. Thanks for sharing your connection!

Kat Sloma said...

I resonate with much of what you write here... about photos and words being complementary, but especially about the "capacity to recreate a new world." That is brilliant. I find the same in my work. There is the connection of all life, and how I choose to frame it, in my photography. Thanks for the very eloquent reminder in the Photo-Heart Connection this month!

Cathy H. said...

Very powerful words! I love the idea of being able to "recreate a new world"! I've never though of it like that! I don't do a lot of still life photos, but you've encouraged me to try and see what I can create!

gina said...

How exciting to be in a new phase of creativity. Your composition is so lovely! I find old books fascinating and can't get rid of them. It's wonderful that you found an image that you feel portrays you!

Anna said...

Your capture is a joy to view, with its lovely delicate light, subtle coloration, and just-right balance! With still life, you get to practice your art twice - through both the artful arrangement of objects and then, with your photography. You really do have a full circle thing going on when you add in your writing, too! How rewarding.

Sandra said...

Your composition with the books and the shell is lovely and cropped to perfection and I love the fact that they are old and well-read.
I agree that photography and writing fit together beautifully. As you say so well: "photos are complementary to my writings and allow me to go through my feelings... they enhance each other." Well observed!
It is true that we create the world we see, and another point of view helps us create a new picture.

Lori said...

Beautifully composed photo but your words speak to me with such grace and heart. Thank you!

icedgurl said...

trekking your blog!!! beautiful photo.. very touching... picture speaks some words that only heart can see... :-)

cheers!
..TREK..

Deborah Tisch said...

Your words and image really speak to me today. I agree with all the positive comments you have here already. Great photo-heart connection!

kathyL said...

I love the creaminess in your photo. It's lovely. I enjoyed reading your words, too. Lots of times we try to capture our reality with our cameras. You make a good point about the satisfaction behind creating realities, too. It reminds me that I always control how I look at things...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...